Chronological age isn't necessarily the same as cellular age. A middle-aged person may have a biological age of plus or minus 15 years.
- biological age is a better indicator of future health
- dozens of different aging markers study - including glycan, telomere length and methylation patterns
- different parts of body can age at different rates
- brains of older people who exercise regularly look 10 years younger
- looking older could be a sign of an underlying disease
Identify where and how you are aging so you can target your anti-aging strategy and employ the most appropriate rejuvenation treatments.
New ageing clocks include ribosomal clock and immune age.
NHS - Check your heart age
Insilico Medicine - Enter your blood test data to determine your age
Biological Age Blog Posts
Lifelong exercise rewards by slowing down ageing of organsNPR - 10-Dec-2019
The way to stay young and healthy at heartRead more...
Biological age reversed with growth hormone and diabetes drugs cocktailNature - 05-Sep-2019
Small, uncontrolled trial, but (potentially) very exciting resultsRead more...
AI guesses a person's biological age and sex using an ECGThe Register - 28-Aug-2019
Still not sure how the artificial intelligence does it thoughRead more...