Chronological age isn't necessarily the same as cellular age. A middle-aged person may have a biological age of plus or minus 15 years.
- biological age is a better indicator of future health
- dozens of different aging markers study - including glycan, telomere length and methylation patterns
- different parts of body can age at different rates
- brains of older people who exercise regularly look 10 years younger
- looking older could be a sign of an underlying disease
Identify where and how you are aging so you can target your anti-aging strategy and employ the most appropriate rejuvenation treatments.
NHS - Check your heart age
Insilico Medicine - Enter your blood test data to determine your age
Gut microbiome predicts age with 4 year accuracyLEAF - 15-Jan-2019
It both affects and is affected by its host status
Nucleosome spacing of cell-free DNA reveals biological ageNews Medical - 21-Dec-2018
Always good to find a new biomarker of aging
Lifelong fitness results in a 30 years younger heartnpr - 10-Dec-2018
We all know exercise is good for us - these biomarkers help to explain why