Future of Ageing 2020: Together for tomorrow
Annual conference by the International Longevity Centre (virtual)
Delivering a better society for all generations
Through this conference we will seek to engage experts, policy makers and practitioners to provoke conversations and pioneer solutions for a society where everyone can thrive, regardless of age. We will explore, for example:
- How can financial services work to support saving among young as well as decumulation in old age?
- Has COVID-19 exacerbated intergenerational divides or brought generations together?
- How can we ensure health systems protect the acute needs of older people whilst also investing in prevention?
- How can we ensure that benefits and tax policy is intergenerationally fair?
- How can we develop “work” and meaningful activity which is attractive for both younger and older workers?
- How can we meet the housing needs of young and old?
- How can policy better recognise that social care is a life-course issue and deliver funding proposals which are fair across generations?
- How can older and younger people work together to address the climate emergency?
See also: International Longevity Centre UK - UK’s specialist think tank on the impact of longevity on society, and what happens next
Interested in more events? View the club's event calendar.