Daniel is CEO of Hurdle (previously called Chronomics).
Systemic chronic inflammation (SCI) is a hallmark of ageing.
Compared acute inflammation to SCI:
- different damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPS)
- no pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPS)
- causes collateral damage
There is a need for an accessible gold-standard SCI biomarker:
- right tissue (non-invasive)
- stable biomarkers (at room temperature to permit at-home testing)
- accessible assay (widely available and cost effective)
- right technology/data type (remove short-term noise)
Hurdle is building a saliva-based epigenetic biomarker for SCI and deploying on its DaaS (diagnostics-as-a-service) platform.