Key points from article :
Crystal Nyitray, CEO & Co-founder of Encellin, provided an overview of the company’s emerging cell tech to treat chronic disorders.
- Recently announced the closing of a $5.9 million Seed financing round.
- Encellin developed a way to protect implanted cells and the host from rogue cells.
- Our technology can empower cells to be living medicines in the body.
- Invented a soft cell encapsulation device (CED) that functions like a pouch to hold and help cells survive in the body.
- CED allows enclosed cells to function like smart molecular factories, releasing therapeutics when and where needed.
- Building a pipeline of cell-based therapies focusing on high unmet clinical needs.
- We will also work with hospitals and payers to ensure patient accessibility.
- Encellin is a preclinical stage company, with proof of concept in animals. Lead programs are at the doorstep to clinical entry.