Report launch: The longevity of sporting legends
Online event about the impact of professional sport on longevity organized by International Longevity Centre UK.
Join us for our upcoming report launch where we will be sharing new findings on the longevity of sporting legends, supported by The Business School (formerly Cass City, University of London) based on new research by Professor Les Mayhew, Head of Global Research at ILC.
Chair: Sir Brendan Foster CBE, Chairman of the Great Run Company and founder of the Great North Run
Our speakers include:
- Alan Smith, former professional footballer for Arsenal and England
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE, Paralympian and Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords
- Scott Reid, Global Protection & Analytics Actuary at Zurich Insurance Company Ltd, and marathon enthusiast
- Professor Chris Brady, Chief Intelligence Officer at Sportsology and formerly Professor of Management Studies at Salford University
- Professor Les Mayhew, Head of Global Research ILC and Professor of Statistics at The Business School (formerly Cass City, University of London)
The usual assumption is that sport is good for your health but is it also good for longevity – will you live longer? This research investigates the longevity of sporting legends who have reached the pinnacle of their profession in seven hugely popular sports each with a global reach and following.
Visit website: https://ilcuk.org.uk/report-launch-the-longevity-of-sporting-legends/
International Longevity Centre UK
- UK’s specialist think tank on the impact of longevity on society, and what happens next
Interested in more events? View the club's event calendar.
Mentioned in this Resource
British former long-distance runner, Chairman and Founder at The Great Run Company.
Chief Intelligence Officer at Sportsology and formerly Professor of Management Studies at Salford University.
Professor of Statistics at Cass Business School.