Chronological age isn’t necessarily the same as cellular age. A middle-aged person may have a biological age of plus or minus 15 years.
- biological age is a better indicator of future health
- dozens of different aging markers study – including glycan, telomere length and methylation patterns
- different parts of body can age at different rates
- brains of older people who exercise regularly look 10 years younger
- looking older could be a sign of an underlying disease
Identify where and how you are aging so you can target your anti-aging strategy and employ the most appropriate rejuvenation treatments.
NHS – Check your heart age
Insilico Medicine – Enter your blood test data to determine your age
Epimorphy Sells “My DNAge” Biological Age Kit – The Scientist – 2-Aug-2017
Based on an epigenetic clock origianlly developed by Steve Horvath in 2013.
Biomarker measures analyses methylation levels at more than 2,000 CpG sites.
Proportion of chromosomes that are methylated increases with age.
Epimorphy is the direct to consumer (DTC) company of Zymo Research.
Urine or blood test kit costs USD$299.
Not yet FDA-approved, so the company cannot provide any health-related information.
New method to accurately determine functional age of cells – News Medical – 11-Jul-17
Considers biophysical qualities of cells, such as cell movements and structural features.
Other methods work at DNA or tissue level.
Examined dermal cells taken from people between the ages of 2 to 96.
Could help evaluate health effects and improve other treatments.